If you would like to join our waitlist, please review the below information and if eligible, please complete our application form.
Tenant Placement Guidelines:
Placement in an affordable rental unit is determined by a combination of the following factors:
The applicant’s position on the waitlist for a resident restricted rental unit.
The applicant’s references from current employer and/or landlord must be positive.
The applicant’s ability to pay the rent.
The applicant’s total household income.
Preference will be given to Revelstoke residents of at least three months.
Consideration will include current CORE Housing need.
Wait List Eligibility:
To be eligible for placement on the waitlist for an affordable rental unit, you must meet the following criteria:
1. All applicants must be of legal age, Canadian citizens or landed immigrants, qualified employee/retirees or receive income assistance/disability pension. For units with less than 2 bedrooms, the gross household income must not exceed $77,430. For units with 2 bedrooms or more, the gross household income must not exceed $120,990.
2. Applicants must plan to occupy the unit as their permanent primary residence, i.e. the residence that is the place the applicant will ordinarily and continually occupy as a residence on a full-time basis. (See definition above).
3. Applicants, or their spouse, either personally, jointly, or indirectly through business, must not own combined assets (excluding locked-in pensions) in excess of $60,000 at the time of application or during the tenancy. Applicants must complete the attached Declaration of Income and Net Worth.
4. All applicants must agree to the following covenants included in all RCHS tenancy agreements:
a) The Tenant is only permitted to have pets on the property in line with the Pet Policy.
b) The Tenant will not smoke or permit smoking on the Premises.
5. Applicants must identify all occupants that will reside in the premises for more than one week. Tenants must agree to the following occupancy standards:
a. No more than two (2) and no less than one (1) person per bedroom.
b. Spouses and couples share a bedroom.
c. Parents do not share a bedroom with their children.
d. Dependents aged eighteen (18) or over do not share a bedroom.
e. Dependents of the opposite sex age five (5) or over do not share a bedroom.
6. Tenants are required to sign a Residential Tenancy Agreement.
7. The application form must be filled out in full and submitted to RCHS.
8. Applicants must contact RCHS every six months to confirm their intent to remain on the waitlist and update their application information.
Please note that if you do not meet the guidelines above you are not eligible to join our waitlist.